The Davis Firm
New York, NY 10001
Part-time Billing Coordinator is responsible for completing all facets of billing and collections for a boutique law firm. The position requires the preparation of client invoices, as well as monitoring and follow-up after they are sent. Responsibilities include working with the Billing Manager, Office Manager, and law firm partners, to proactively administer billing duties, preparation and processing of timely and high quality invoices, and monitoring and follow-up on outstanding receivables.
We are a small, young, and high-energy team. In the past, we've had very successful billing coordinators from a theater background. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a part-time job in addition to pursuing their theater career. Do you have experience handling finances and/or ticket sales at a box office or theater? This is the perfect gig for you.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES – BILLING COORDINATOR
• Creation and tracking of invoices (including the seeking of necessary approvals); following up on invoices to clients.
• Entering data into Quickbooks; depositing checks and maintaining logs of any monies received; coordination with the firm’s bookkeeper on weekly basis.
• Preparing correspondence (emails, letters) as required.
• Handling of royalty statements as necessary.
• Assist other full-time administrative employees with office tasks, including: answering phones, directing calls and taking detailed messages; photocopying; scanning; coordinating interns; filing.
• Responsible for acting as lead coordinator for various financial and billing based projects for the attorneys and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
• Processing and tracking expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Previous billing experience handling invoicing and collections is ideal.
• The Billing Coordinator is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients and attorneys while producing a high quality work product. The ability to multitask and prioritize is essential.
• The Billing Coordinator must possess outstanding interpersonal skills in order to work effectively within a team environment, as well as independently. The ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment is required. Additional requirements include outstanding customer service demeanor, supreme attention to detail, and the ability to work quickly and efficiently.
• Discretion and confidentiality are of utmost importance.
• MS Office with emphasis on Word and Excel
• Electronic Billing Systems