Matt Ross Public Relations
Matt Ross Public Relations is seeking a Press Assistant with great organizational and communications skills to join the team in January 2022.
Matt Ross Public Relations is an agency dedicated to creating and executing focused, impactful publicity campaigns for theatre productions and entities in New York and beyond. Current clients include New York Theatre Workshop, the Irish Repertory Theatre, MCC Theater, HERE, 59E59, The Tank, Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival, Steve Cohen’s Chamber Magic, Primary Stages, Ensemble Studio Theatre, Clubbed Thumb, the Sol Project, The TEAM, the August Wilson Monologue Competition, Pride Plays, What the Constitution Means to Me (National Tour) and more. Matt Ross Public Relations (www.mattrosspr.com) shares an office and resources with Stairwell Productions.
· Conducting research as needed; maintaining various client-related or company-related documents including client press updates, calendars, press contacts lists
· Clipping, compiling and servicing of press breaks for clients; taking notes at meetings/on calls with clients and/or staff and following up on action items; fact-checking support; managing and distributing publicity materials including photos, video clips/trailers, press scripts, press releases, etc.
· Drafting, revising and distributing press materials including memos, postings, press releases, bios, etc.
· Coordinating press attendance at events and performances, including managing press ticketing and house seat requests
· Identifying publicity opportunities, generating new pitches for clients and liaising with press to facilitate coverage
· Covering press performances and events as needed, which could include press check-in and overseeing event red carpets; supporting the team in organizing of opening night activities; arranging and covering interviews, photo shoots, etc.
· You are curious, creative, and adaptable.
· You can multi-task, manage deadlines and prioritize for yourself and others.
· You can see the big picture and the details simultaneously and keep a close eye on both.
· You are able to work in a fast-paced work environment and eager to learn all aspects of publicity.
· You are able to work in a team and independently.
· You’re going to make mistakes. We’re going to make mistakes. You are willing to try anyway.
· You have strong written & verbal communication skills.
· You have a working knowledge of the theatre industry.
· You are organized and detail-oriented; social media savvy; confident with Microsoft Office suite; have good instincts and be a strategic and forward thinker.
Please note: proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment for this position.
Starting annual salary is $39,000, with employer-paid medical and dental insurance, and the opportunity for bonuses. Matt Ross Public Relations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity across the lines of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, physical ability and sexual orientation. We especially encourage candidates who are currently underrepresented in the industry as part of one or more of the aforementioned categories to apply.
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE