The Sheen Center for Thought & Culture
The Sheen Center’s Production Coordinator (SCPC) is responsible for the advancing and
execution of Sheen Center (SC) and rental productions. He or she uses their broad understanding
of all production elements to ensure that all communications and systems within the production
department are executed to the highest standards.
The SCPC has experience in some – and familiarity in all – of the following: lighting, sound and
theatrical computer systems, rigging, theater safety, and building maintenance. He or she is often
the first point of contact with clients and is able to effectively assess client needs and explain SC
production capabilities, rules and protocols in order to ensure a successful event.
The SCPC assists the Associate Director of Production with the, staffing and coordination of all
part-time production staff, and ensures that the staff is well trained and current with all
Reports To: Production Manager
• Interfaces with Programming department to ensure that timely and critical information
for all events are communicated effectively to the Production department.
• Interfaces with incoming rental productions to determine technical and staffing needs;
• Maintains a working knowledge of all SC technical capabilities and limitations pertaining
to sound, lights, video, projections, etc. Upholds and enforces the policies outlined in the
SC Usage Policy.
• Works to maintain excellent technical facilities and customer service to ensure a safe,
positive experience for all renters, visitors, and patrons to the Sheen Center.
• Attends meetings with clients and internal SC staff to ensure that there is clarity and
efficient/ effective planning of all production needs related to Sheen Center events.
• Acts as crew chief during SC-produced events. • When necessary, fills in as stage
manager or board op for SC-produced events.
• Assists the Associate Director Production in maintaining current production part-time
hire lists and continuously seeks out new technicians to maintain a highly qualified pool
of production technicians.
Requirements and Necessary Skills:
• At least 3 years of production management or venue management experience in a multi
discipline arts environment.
• Has a particular expertise in theater technology, preferably in lighting or sound, and a
willingness and ability to expand their knowledge beyond their field in order to better
coordinate with part-time staff and rental companies.
• Excellent communications skills that result in clear and effective interactions with Sheen
• A working knowledge of Vectorworks and the ability to modify and update draftings as
necessary. Has a strong understanding of business practices to ensure that all budgeting,
acquisitions and rate schedules are adhered to and executed properly.
• Flexible schedule and willingness to work some nights and weekends.
• Strong commitment to the Sheen Center mission.
Oct 2, 2023 -
$55,000.00 – $65,000.00