New York, NY 10013
PRODUCTION MANAGER 2022
Reporting to PROTOTYPE’s Producer, Melanie Milton, and working closely with Directors – Beth Morrison, Creative Producer of Beth Morrison Projects; Kristin Marting, Founding Artistic Director of HERE; and Jecca Barry, Executive Director of Beth Morrison Projects – the Production Manager shall:
· Serve as the key technical liaison among PROTOTYPE, its designers, and its venues.
· Participate in all production meetings; oversee the construction of content as needed, whether digital (facilitating the back-end of web content) or physical (scenery, projection, lighting, etc.); determine backline rental needs for projection, lighting, scenery, instrumentation, etc. in conjunction with designers and show-specific production managers; assist designers with the execution and realization of their designs as needed.
· Plan and execute the load in and load out of all PROTO projects, as well as any developmental workshop or technical rehearsal needs. S/he will be responsible for determining the necessary crew staffing and their duties for all workshops, rehearsals, and productions; and will oversee technical rehearsals.
· Liaison with and oversee the show-specific production managers and the BMP and HERE production management/technical teams.
· Work on technical sponsorships to acquire necessary rentals for the festival including but not limited to lighting, projection, scenic, and audio.
· Analyze and compare tech riders with possible venues to determine best fit for future seasons.
· Oversight of festival budget with Producer to manage line items such as cartage, storage, labor, etc. for current and future seasons
· Collection of all show files following the strike of each project
· Manage local and off-site storage facility in conjunction with the Production Managers at each organization
· Must have significant understanding of computer technology and design software including, but not limited to live streaming platforms such as OBS and familiarity with Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
· Demonstration of excellence in managing live-streaming software
· Previous digital oversight of conferences and/or festivals with offerings extending across multiple platforms
· Valid driver’s license with experience in driving cargo vans / box trucks (required)
The position requires consultation work in summer with production advance work through the fall. Hours and work load intensify from November-January. There are vacation moratoriums for this position between December 1-23, 2021 and January 2-20, 2022. Salary ranges between $10-$12K.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
PROTOTYPE: Opera|Theatre|Now, now celebrating its tenth anniversary, is an annual festival of visionary opera-theatre and music-theatre works by pioneering contemporary artists from New York City and around the world. The festival is the only one of its kind in the United States – presenting fully produced premieres, national and international presentations, and showings of original genre-bending works by both emerging and career artists from the contemporary classical opera-theatre and music-theatre idiom. Learn more about PROTOTYPE at prototypefestival.org. PROTOTYPE returns for its tenth iteration January 7-16, 2022.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your last name and the position title in the subject line: for example, “Jones – Production Manager.” Include your cover letter and resume as attachments titled “YourNameLetter” and “YourNameResume.”
PROTOTYPE seeks to hire staff that reflects the diversity of the city in which we live. All positions at PROTOTYPE are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
August 16, 2021 - January 31, 2022