National Alliance for Musical Theatre
NY, NY 10018
The National Alliance for Musical Theatre (NAMT), a not-for-profit membership service organization in New York City, seeks a full-time Program Assistant to join our full-time team of six. NAMT’s 245 members are some of the leading producers of professional musical theatre in the world and include non-profit theatres, new work development organizations, colleges and universities, independent producers and industry individuals. Programs include two conferences per year, the annual Festival of New Musicals, two granting programs and many other services. www.namt.org.
The Program Assistant for the National Alliance for Musical Theatre is a full-time, salaried position that will report to the New Works Director and provide additional support to the Member Services Director. The Program Assistant will support the office with planning, implementation and assessment of NAMT's programs. This position will be vital part of the small NAMT team focusing on our core programs, including Conferences, the Festival, Roundtables, new musical development and member services.
The National Alliance for Musical Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age or veteran status. For further information about our programs, please visit our website at www.namt.org.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Line Produce concerts and cabarets with New Works Director
· Process and follow up on submissions to the Festival of New Musicals, Directing Observership and Fellowship.
· Assist the New Works Director on the management of the Festival, including invoicing, program creation, correspondence and event planning
· Assist in the planning of committee meetings
· Coordinate registration and develop content for year-round new works events
· Process and prepare applications for the Frank Young Fund for New Musicals and Innovation and Exploration Fund
· Track check requests and final reports
· Assist in the planning and running of panel meetings
· Help coordinate registration for Conferences
· Assist in programming and hosting Knowledge Exchange webinar series
· Participate with other NAMT team members in running Conferences, Roundtables and other events
· Assist with administration of surveys and other member services as assigned
· Compile and edit monthly New Works News e-newsletter
· Edit videos from concerts and conferences for posting online
· Lead NAMT’s social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
· Contribute content to NAMT's blog
· Update website (WordPress) and database (PatronManager/Salesforce)
· Assist with press releases, email newsletters and other communications as assigned
This is a full-time salaried position open immediately. It is ideal for someone developing a career in theatre administration or producing. Salary will be in low-mid 30s, commensurate with experience, with excellent benefits. As of this posting the NAMT staff is working remotely due to Covid-19. While this role will eventually be onsite in our Manhattan office, it will be remote for the near future and interviews will be conducted on Zoom.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office or equivalent
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task independently in a fast-paced office
· Interest in producing and arts administration
· Exceptional organization skills and an eye for details
· A love and knowledge of musical theatre
· At least one year experience in a non-profit or entertainment office, with administrative responsibilities
· Strong proofing skills for written communications
· Photoshop or Illustrator
· WordPress and Salesforce
· General knowledge of the business of theatre and regional theatres
Please submit an email cover letter with a PDF résumé attached by email to email@example.com, with “Program Assistant – [your last name]” in the subject line.
salaried, low-mid 30s