Polk & Co
New York, NY
Interns at Polk & Co. will have the opportunity to learn from and work with Public Relations professionals, gaining valuable insight into the fundamentals of theatrical PR and a variety of publicity campaigns. Interns are responsible for the day-to-day administrative needs of Polk & Co. Ideal candidates are proactive, highly organized, detail oriented, and effective communicators. There will also be opportunities to observe interviews, photo shoots, and other press/performance events
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assist with daily client media monitoring.
- Organize and file daily clips and features (client coverage).
- Monitor industry news (show openings, rumored production schedules, major award related dates, galas and other annual events) and organize within existing documents on the Polk & Co shared drive.
- Gain knowledge of the major writers in the theatrical/arts media industry. Share trends and major changes as it pertains to print media with P&C staff.
- Provide research assistance on request as it pertains to media pitches and targeting client information.
- Maintain industry and media contacts within Polk & Co’s contact database.
- Assist with building and updating targeted press lists.
- Assist with the management of Polk & Co’s social media channels and website.
- Learn, assist, and implement procedures as they relate to major press events.
- An interest and passion for theater!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, PR, English, Communication, or Liberal Arts recommended, but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Tactical understanding of all social media platforms and management.
- Ability to adapt and become proficient in additional business software, as needed.
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful with strong ability to multitask.
- Enjoy teamwork and working independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
- Acknowledge and respect the need to keep client information confidential.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with an attention-to-detail.
- Full-Time, non-exempt position
- Currently all work is done in person
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Comprehensive PTO policy includes vacation, holiday, sick day, and personal time-off
- Complimentary invites and tickets to Broadway and off-Broadway theatre
Polk & Co. is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from communities underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by email to careers<@>polkandco.com with a cover letter and resume.
Oct 10, 2023 -
$600.00 – $600.00 per week
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.