Dramatists Guild Foundation
New York, NY
JOB TITLE: Rehearsal Rooms Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Grants and Programs Coordinator
ABOUT DRAMATISTS GUILD FOUNDATION
Dramatists Guild Foundation (DGF) is a national charity that fuels the future of American theater by supporting the writers who create it. DGF fosters playwrights, composers, lyricists, and librettists at all stages of their careers. We sponsor educational programs; provide awards, grants, and stipends; offer free space to create new works; and give emergency aid to writers in need. By supporting and nurturing the creators of today, we protect the stories of tomorrow.
At DGF, we are committed to the safety of our employees and their families. While COVID-19 continues to pose a threat to the health and well-being of all individuals, vaccinations can significantly reduce that threat and help protect our workplace as well as our community.
DGF is committed to sustaining an equitable and safe environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Access, equity, and authenticity are core values at DGF and we are dedicated to providing employees with a work environment that celebrates varied backgrounds and is free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage candidates of all ages who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color, disabled, trans, non-binary, and queer to apply. All applications will receive consideration for employment.
Dramatists Guild Foundation (DGF) seeks a self-motivated and efficient professional to help support the rehearsal spaces. Reporting to the Grants and Programs Coordinator, the Rehearsal Rooms Coordinator will help oversee and manage the reservations, use and upkeep of three (3) rehearsal rooms.
Grants and Programs Coordinator
Early April 2023
520 8th Ave, Suite 2401, New York, NY 10018. The DGF Office is ADA accessible.
Part-Time (available to work evenings and weekends is a must)
Benefits and Perks:
· Occasional free theater tickets and access to purchase house seats if available.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
· Be aware of all visitor needs during their time in the rehearsal rooms.
· Monitor booking platform to track specific needs for each reservation and for last minute changes.
· Maintain the Daily Schedule (displayed on a monitor in the Reception Area) and make updates as needed.
· Prepare rehearsal rooms: assure the general cleanliness of each room before each reservation and move materials (i.e. folding tables, chairs, music stands) as needed.
· Track and restock any supplies needed for front reception and rehearsal rooms.
· Confirm that visitors are following DGF rules for reserving space.
· Reset rehearsal rooms at the end of the work day.
· Manage the reservations email: respond to space inquiries and general questions.
· Available to work evenings and weekends.
· Train other part-time Rehearsal Rooms Coordinators.
· Sell and restock concessions as well as DGF merchandise.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· At least two years hospitality/customer service experience.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Working knowledge of G-Suite.
· Sharp attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills; ability to handle work with a high degree of discernment, discretion, tact, and integrity.
· Experience in the entertainment or performing arts industries preferred.
· A proactive work style.
· Self-reliant. Must be able to work independently with frequent interruptions, as artists come in and out of the space.
· Experience with Monday.com a plus.
· Experience with SuperSaas or other reservation/booking software a plus.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. preferred - moving folding tables, chairs, music stands and couches within the rooms.
· Must have a love for the arts and artists.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How to Apply:
Please create an account and submit an application through the link below. A cover letter is not required, but please answer the questions in the application fully with attention to sentence structure, spelling, and grammar. We are unable to accept applications via email or mail due to tracking difficulty and capacity.
Application link: https://dramatistsguildfoundation.submittable.com/submit/220477/rehearsal-rooms-coordinator
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail [email protected] with “Rehearsal Rooms Coordinator” in the subject line, or call 212-391-8384, and we will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.
$25.00 – $25.00 per hour