New York, NY 10001
Broadway On Demand is the premiere streaming platform offering exclusive livestream events, a wide-ranging library of video on demand content, interactive engagements, and educational resources. It is a virtual performing arts complex offering a variety of programming including not only Broadway shows but also, individual artists, concert series, educational programming and engaging content from performance venues and theatres around the world.
Broadway Licensing is a full-service theatrical partner specializing in the development, production and worldwide distribution of new and established theatrical properties. Approaching the licensing universe with a wholly personal and producorial vision, the company partners with authors, agents and producers to harness the power derived from embracing the intersection of art and commerce.
Playscripts, Inc. is an independent publisher and licensor of new plays and musicals, established in 1998 by brothers and playwrights Doug and Jonathan Rand. Playscripts plays and musicals represent a great diversity of voices, styles, and stories, and have been enjoyed in over 100 countries.
Stageworks is a production company dedicated to the full lifecycle (development, production, and distribution) of innovative live theatrical properties. Stageworks focuses on cultivating stories that speak to the universal truths of humanity, while collaborating with worldwide strategic partnerships to impact the global theatrical landscape.
The Royalty Administrator will work across a suite of companies including, Broadway On Demand, Broadway Licensing, Playscripts and Stageworks. This position supports all departments with financial and contractual tasks and processes.
The Royalty Administrator will handle royalty accruals, payments and statements as well as resolve queries received from all rights holders and agents. They will set up contracts in the royalty system as well as review the payment system to ensure payments are cleared and remitted in a timely manner.
The position demands a strong attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. It requires excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills. Industry, and specifically royalty, experience is desirable.
· Administer quarterly royalty payments across multiple companies
· Manage and maintain all payee records and vendor forms
· Coordinate with AP regarding royalty payments, timing and payee status
· Maintain our internal royalty and financial database
· Apply system improvements to internal royalty and financial database
· Execute audits and reports through internal royalty system
· Run financial reporting from internal financial database
· Work with Finance team to report royalty and payment data into general ledger system
· Correspond with authors, estates, agents and other payees regarding royalty questions/issues
· Prepare monthly royalty accrual entries
· Collaborate with Finance team on quarterly forecasting efforts
· Perform Ad hoc reporting and project requests
· Experienced in QuickBooks
· Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite with strong Excel skills
· Strong quantitative, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Detail-oriented and ability to prioritize work
· Ability to meet deadlines and juggle many tasks at once
· Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Business degree or BS in Accounting or Finance
· 2+ years of royalty accounting experience preferred
This is a full-time position in a fun and friendly, yet hard working startup environment. Salary is commensurate with experience. The position offers excellent benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.
This position will currently be remote, with an eventual return to a NYC office.
Please send a cover letter with your salary requirements and resume.
Start Date: available immediately.
July 20, 2020 -