Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Piscataway, NJ 08854
We are looking to bring on an Outbound Sales Development Rep (SDR) to overwhelm our Strategic Account Executives with new opportunities in this extremely important role. We need someone that wants to:
- Pioneer their role and position in a fast-growing startup
- Build out a pipeline, execute on that pipeline, and help reverse engineer metrics to build a playbook for those that come after them
- Significantly grow our business by setting up Strategic Account Executives for success by passing them only legitimate opportunities, with clients that are a fit, with the background information needed to hit the ground running
- Approach each new conversation with genuine curiosity
- Build out a pipeline using a combination of phone calls/email cadences and other approaches to evaluate prospect needs and determine if they are a mutual fit
- Meet with and contact new outbound leads to assess their needs
- Research and network with key contacts to identify opportunities for new sales
- Execute on a hit list of clients that have worked with SwagUp in the past to generate new deals with them
- Form and maintain lasting relationships with potential customers to set the tone for what it’s like to work with SwagUp - you’ll be the first point of contact, and we want to ensure our SDR makes a lasting impression!
- Keep our CRM (Salesforce) up to date with lead data
- Routing qualified leads to Strategic Account Executives on our Sales team
- Connect and engage with new leads on social platforms like LinkedIn or Twitter
- Working alongside the marketing team to add significant reach to your outbound effort
- You are hungry to do something new, curious to keep learning and organized.
- Not afraid to pick up the phone
- Eager to create prospect lists, you will tackle them.
- Happy to fail forward, make mistakes and try again
- Bonus if you have sales or sales development experience, more important is the ability to receive constructive feedback, adapt, and grow
- Excellent listening skills, personable and outgoing phone presence, self-motivated.
- Strive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Customer-obsessed! New leads need to feel that from our SDR genuinely.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Highly active with phone calls and email cadences driving their day
- Creating, discovering, vetting, qualifying, and converting leads into potential SwagUp customers
- Remain organized, efficient, and on-target while managing a high volume of outbound activity.
- Hitting metrics and goals set by the team
- Leads converted attributing to direct sales
- Initial target - 25 prospects handed off to the Strategic Account Executive/month
- Initial target - 200-250 calls/week
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon
SwagUp is an API first company where top brands can create, automate, and distribute swag. We take all the heavy lifting from design work, assembly, storage, and shipping worldwide. Our platform allows clients to work collaboratively with all their co-workers on any swag project without the headaches!
If you like challenging the status quo, and working in small, unstructured environments, you’ll fit right in.
We’ve accomplished so much in under 4 years, but we’ve just begun to crack the surface. We look forward to meeting you.