New York City Ballet
New York, NY 10023
Job Date: August 2, 2021 - June 3, 2022
Lincoln Center, New York City
New York City Ballet is one of the foremost dance companies in the world, with a roster of spectacular dancers and an unparalleled repertory. Founded in 1948 by George Balanchine and Lincoln Kirstein, New York City Ballet quickly became world-renowned for its athletic and contemporary style. Widely acknowledged for its enduring contributions to dance, New York City Ballet is committed to promoting creative excellence and nurturing a new generation of dancers and choreographers.
The New York City Ballet Costume Shop seeks two (2) Stitchers.
• Excellent sewing skills; machine & hand sewing
• Excellent dressmaking, and/or tailoring, & cutting skills
• Experience with ballet costumes & stretch, chiffon, organza, & tulle fabrics is essential
• Good communication skills
• Good organization & time management skills
• At least 2 years professional costume shop experience required
• Please no “Fashion Designers”
• Full time, union position; 35 hours a week
A sewing test will be required at the in-person interview, applicants should be ready to demonstrate various sewing techniques and bodice making.
Interested, qualified candidates may apply by forwarding their resume, references, and portfolio
to Marc Happel, Director of Costumes at:
With “Stitcher” in the subject line.
No Phone Calls, Please.
NYCB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
August 2, 2021 - June 3, 2022
$20.66/hour; rates are negotiable