St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with the mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of residents in the communities of North Brooklyn through its work in five main areas: housing, healthcare, workforce development, economic development, and youth and education. The St. Nicks' Division of Youth and Education is looking for part-time After School Arts Educators to work at our programs at Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, Beacons, and Cornerstone Community Centers.
The Instructor/Teaching Artist will be responsible for planning and engaging students in arts enrichment activities while ensuring the safety and engagement of youth. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
- Write lesson plans for arts enrichment activities
- Lead arts activities that are engaging and age-appropriate
- Actively monitor and engage participants during all program activities, including meals, transitions, field trips, clubs, activities, recreation and dismissal
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and theme-based projects catered to the age, stage, and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on the quality
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to the email provided, and include Teaching Artist in the subject line.