New York, NY 11414
Theater Instructor (Socially Distanced Theater)
Creative Muse provides comprehensive programming and mentorship to youth and adults with an emphasis on creativity and mindfulness as 21st century skills needed for holistic success and innovation. We believe all youth and adults should have access to creative skills and emotional coping mechanisms that can help them unlock their potential to be change-makers in their lives and in the world.
The Theater Instructor will work in collaboration with the Director of Programs to develop and implement a curriculum that encompasses the values and creative practice set forth by Creative Muse. This person must be innovative, mindful, and compassionate with a desire to support students on their creative and mindfulness journey. The instructor is responsible for ensuring a safe and meaningful experience for all students as well as working as a team member to deliver on the mission of Creative Muse. We are looking for someone who can guide students in developing their own devised play to be performed on stage.
● Incorporate opportunities for students to exercise creativity and mindfulness utilizing Creative Muse’s program rubric.
● Design a culminating project that showcases the value of the creative and learning process.
● Collaborate with the Teacher Assistant to ensure the program is meeting the social and emotional needs of all students.
● Execute and submit weekly lesson plans, daily attendance, and other program deliverables.
● Facilitate online learning for a group of 10-20 6-8th grade students.
● Manage inventory, ordering and maintenance of class materials and equipment.
● Participate in organizational events, showcases, and performances.
● Attend monthly check-ins with the Director of Programs.
● Support and encompass the mission and values of Creative Muse.
● Embodies the mission, vision, and values of Creative Muse.
● Minimum 1 year teaching experience of subject/content area in after school, camps, public school, charter school and/or private school.
● Experience in curriculum design and implementation.
● Demonstrated success in learning and creative experience of students.
● Proficient with online learning tools (e.g., Zoom and Google Classroom).
● Knowledge and understanding of Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
● Excellent interpersonal skills and team dynamic.
● Bachelor’s degree in education or related field associated with subject/content area.
● 2+ consecutive years teaching experience of subject/content area at an after school, camp, public school, charter school and/or private school.
● Minimum 1 year teaching experience of subject/content area on an online platform.
● Demonstrated implementation of SEL.
● Experience incorporating educational technology and tools within the classroom.
TIME COMMITMENT/ PAY
This position pays $1500 for a 15-week program (one hour of instruction), attendance at one training provided by Creative Muse, and attendance at our culminating event. Work from home (remote) and in person for rehearsals. As organization grows, opportunities for additional hours may become available.
Dates: 10/17, 10/24, 11/7, 11/14, 11/21, 11/28, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13
Time: 1pm - 2pm
E-mail, email@example.com, a resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Please include “Theater Instructor” in the subject line.
Creative Muse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
October 3, 2020 - March 12, 2021