Tina: The Tina Turner Musical
New York, NY
TINA – The Tina Turner Musical is Tina Turner’s triumphant story live onstage, with productions currently running on Broadway, London’s West End, Hamburg, Utrecht and Madrid.
The Deck Carpenter is a full-time touring position that works in tandem with the Head Carpenter to run, move, and maintain all scenery and carpentry elements associated with the Tina Tour safely and consistently. Touring a live theater production is unique and fast paced. You must be able to handle stressful situations and find solutions to problems quickly. The successful candidate for this position will have experience loading shows in and out, have knowledge of theatrical rigging systems, and will be a self-starter.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Load In / Out show at each venue at the highest level possible, conducting tasks in a safe manner while trying to say on the schedule set by the Head Carpenter.
- Inspection of show equipment at preset of each performance, reports to be submitted to head carpenter and production management.
- Regular participation in work calls, and rehearsal as directed by stage management and head carpenter.
- Arrival on time and ready for work at the start of each call.
- Regular communication.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills via email, including keeping records of emails.
- Team player, able to work long hours in very close quarters with many different types of passionate personalities.
- Extensive Scenic carpentry experience. Including: woodworking, metalworking, basic mechanics, fabric repairs, etc.
- Extensive chain motor operation, maintenance, and repair experience.
- Understanding of scenic drawing, specifically hanging plan as well as ability to decipher necessary rigging paperwork provided by head carpenter.
- Extensive theatrical rigging knowledge including counterweight set operation and maintenance. Experience with single and double purchase systems.
- Min 1 years’ experience working on an IATSE S.E.T Contract.
- Knowledge of or experience in several road venues throughout the country.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a full-time touring position with a base weekly salary of $1,600/week.
All Overtime, 7th Day, Overages, etc. are paid on top of the base salary per the IATSE Short Engagement Touring Agreement.
Benefits Per IATSE S.E.T. Pink Contract
As soon as available based on existing commitments.
Length of Contract – Open Ended
TRAVEL & HOUSING
All travel and housing options provided per IATSE S.E.T. Pink Contract
The Proud Mary, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources, and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. The Proud Mary, LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you would like to apply, please send a resume with references and a brief cover letter to the Tina Tour Hiring Team by clicking on the link provided in the “How to Apply” section below.
**To ensure your application materials make it to the right place, title your email subject line using the following format:
“TINA TOUR: Deck Carpenter – (Insert your last name here)”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Jun 12, 2023 -
$1,600.00 – $1,600.00 per week
IATSE S.E.T Agreement
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.