New York City Center
New York, NY 10019
Job Title: Vice President of Education and Community Engagement
Job Classification: Exempt & Full-Time
(This position will work remotely until our administrative office reopens, at which time in-person work will resume.)
Reports To: President and CEO
The Vice President of Education and Community Engagement will provide vision, strategy, and leadership for education and community engagement programs in alignment with City Center's overall mission. The VP will lead the organization's education and community engagement initiatives to attract and inspire the broadest population of stakeholders, including students, teachers, parents, members of New York's communities, staff, board members, and funders. As a member of the senior leadership team, this role is expected to represent City Center’s voice in all communications and professional interactions in these areas while demonstrating a commitment to City Center’s anti-racism and DEI initiatives.
· Implement a vibrant vision for the education and community engagement program and enthusiastically partner with Artistic leadership to uphold a unified City Center brand.
· Create an environment where: new initiatives are developed to support artists, students, parents, teachers, and community members; the creative process is explored with audiences of all ages; and programs are designed to be equitable.
· Engage in strategic alliances with the New York City Department of Education, schools, and other institutional partners to strengthen City Center’s role as a leader in the field of education.
· On an ongoing basis, evaluate and assess education and community engagement programs to ensure that City Center is regarded as a trailblazing leader in the field.
· As an inspirational and creative leader, strategically manage and support the staff of the education team to maximize performance and outcomes.
· Devise and implement strategies to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders in education and community engagement, including Board members, staff, audiences, program participants, and institutional partners.
· Engage a broad network of peers, conduct relevant research on developments in the field, and pursue appropriate professional development opportunities to support City Center's role as an institutional leader.
· Remain engaged in current practices in arts education, community engagement, and the performing arts with regular attendance at conferences and performances.
· Collaborate with the development team to assist them with grant proposals, reports, grant compliance, and meetings with donors as well as developing funding ideas and opportunities to expand contributed revenue for education and community engagement programs.
· As a member of the senior leadership team, actively contribute toward a collegial work environment, encourage inclusive collaboration in collective pursuit of City Center's mission and commitment to anti-racism.
This Role Requires:
· 8+ years of experience designing and leading education and community engagement programs or other relevant experience
· Experience guiding programmatic expansion
· Wide and in-depth knowledge of the fields of arts education and community engagement preferably in the areas of dance and musical theater
· Some night and weekend work hours as needed for programming initiatives
· Ability to travel locally to schools and venues within the five boroughs of NYC
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to demonstrate:
· Knowledge of cultural, educational, and community organizations
· Knowledge of current trends and best practices in the areas of education and the arts
· Knowledge of state and city learning standards
· Knowledge of NYC public and private school systems
· Excellent writing, editing, communication, and public speaking skills
· Ability to Iead, inspire, mentor, and collaborate with various stakeholders
· Ability to identify new ideas and take them from start to finish
· Ability to develop and manage budgets
· Ability to handle numerous projects and meet all deadlines in a fast-paced environment
As a valued member of the City Center administrative team, you will receive:
· Comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability)
· Generous paid time off
· Pre-tax flexible & dependent care savings accounts
· Pre-tax transit savings
· Pension Plan with (CIG) Cultural Institutions Group (fully vested after 5 years)
· 401K retirement savings account
· Access to various dress rehearsals, performances, educational events, and professional development opportunities
· Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@NYCityCenter.org.
· Please include VP of Education and Community Engagement in the subject line.
· In the cover letter, please include why this position at City Center interests you and how your previous experience enables you to be successful in this role.