Aurora Civic Center Authority
Aurora, IL 60506
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a VP of Marketing & Communications. ACCA operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 300 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions and a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora, and the company looks forward to producing a new, Bold Series of plays and musicals in the newly-renovated Copley Theatre beginning in the 2022 season. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity. Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued, empowered and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists and staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
DEPARTMENT – Marketing & Communications
DIRECT REPORTING – President/CEO
POSITIONS SUPERVISED – Marketing & Communications Team
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – VP Sales/Programming, Chief Development Officer, VP of Finance, VP of Production, Director of Audience Services, Special Events Director, Education Director.
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Full time exempt, approximately 40+ hours per week. Will include some evening and weekend hours.
COMPENSATION – Minimum salary starting at $105k; excellent benefits package including health, paid time off, and 401k.
HIRE DATE – Immediate
Looking for an energetic and thoughtful leader to head up a team of talented creatives to brilliantly mastermind all marketing and communication needs for our growing performing arts organization. Responsible for overseeing the planning, development and execution of the organization’s marketing and advertising initiatives. Reporting directly to the chief executive officer, the VP of Marketing & Communications’ primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for each revenue stream, using marketing communications, research, advertising and public relations. The VP of Marketing & Communications and their team are responsible for meeting all of the marketing & communications needs for the entire organization.
· Work collaboratively with internal departments to effectively market and build awareness of individual programs – their activities and services, including but not limited to Paramount Theatre, Copley Theatre, Paramount School of the Arts, RiverEdge Park; Stolp Island Theatre, Special Events/Meyer Ballroom and philanthropy efforts.
· Develop innovative strategies and ensure consistent branding across divisions to retain current patrons, expand new audiences and reach underserved communities.
· Build and lead a dynamic, high performing marketing and communications team. Mentor and motivate team members to do their best work.
· Be an active member of the ACCA Executive Leadership Team.
· Develop annual budgets, monitor budgets on an on-going basis and ensure all projects stay within approved budgets.
· Supervise hiring, training, workloads, schedules and deadlines for marketing department team; conduct annual reviews.
· Oversee the operation of websites, email marketing programs, and social media marketing platforms.
· Act as the point person for partnerships like vendor relationships, freelance employees, press contacts, and more.
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Solid commitment to the mission and vision of ACCA including the pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion and diversity.
· Significant experience developing and implementing comprehensive and successful marketing and sales campaigns, brand management, and advertising, preferably for a complex arts and cultural institution, with a track record of attracting a diverse audience base.
· Strategic, innovative and creative personality. Ability to teach and mentor.
· Demonstrated ability to build, lead and inspire a team. Decisive, dependable, leader with a high level of integrity, ability to problem solve and to build relationships.
· Project management experience with a proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks, transition seamlessly among multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· A passion for working in and managing a fast-paced, collaborative environment and desire to lead by example.
Due to frequent and necessary interaction with members of the general public, performers, fellow employees and other individuals, successful candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before they begin work and will be required to provide proof of vaccination. “Fully vaccinated” as defined by the CDC means that at least 14 days have passed following receipt of the final dose of an FDA authorized Covid-19 vaccine.
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: (Patty Stefanski) 8 East Galena Blvd., Suite 230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.