RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY 11101
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard-working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience.
Who we’re looking for…
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a WARDROBE LEAD to join our team of world-class designers and production staff.
About the role…
The Wardrobe Lead will work with the Technical Production Manager as necessary on each event or production to oversee all costuming, hair/wig and make-up needs. He/she will ensure that the costumes are properly fitted to each performer and maintained throughout the run of the show(s). Stitching experience with proficient knowledge of theatrical costuming techniques is required. Design experience is preferred as well as experience working in retail entertainment or corporate event costuming. Must be able to manage a team of stitchers/dressers. Previous experience working in a costume shop is a plus.
· Assist in any wardrobe and costuming aspects of the productions and installations with the ability to work smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
· Ability to work in a timely manner by adhering to the install/strike schedules executed by Technical Production Manager.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, co-workers, and clients.
· Abide by RWS technical site safety programs to meet industry standards. (i.e. OSHA, Maritime OSHA, ETSI etc.)
· Understanding that the position requires extensive traveling or relocation with evening and weekend responsibilities depending on production schedules.
· Willingness to constantly listen and learn about daily operations from the Technical Production Manager and/or other RWS staff.
· Attend daily safety meetings.
· Knowledge of large format spectacle driven entertainment a plus.
· Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of general wardrobe/costume fabrication tools.
· Strong knowledge of electricity.
· Must have ability to lift and carry over 50 pounds.
· Overnight shifts may be required.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the position, and may require that other or different tasks be performed as necessary and assigned.
What you bring…
· At least 2 years of professional costume experience in the entertainment business, preferably with design experience.
· Basic knowledge of all technical elements associated with wardrobe production, design and installation.
· The ability to offer analysis and decisiveness when making decisions.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, calmly and effectively work with a leader under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Exceptional attention to detail, safety, and excellent analytical, and verbal communications skills.
· Willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and get into the details as a team player with a "get things done" proactive attitude.
· Ability to work unsupervised.
· Strong work ethic.
· Enjoyment for finding creative solutions.
· Strong appreciation for result driven, hard work.
· Familiarity with OSHA safe working practices.
· Loyalty, passion, and integrity.
· Competitive industry pay.
· 6-12 month contracts.
· Paid time off.
· Transportation to/from project location, housing and international health insurance plan will be provided.
· Locations: Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
At RWS, we believe our bold makers and mold breakers can come from any background. Our stage is open to all applicants, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. RWS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
November 1, 2020 -