On Sunday evening, June 7 Playbill On-Line's Managing Editor, Robert Viagas and Playbill Magazine's Senior Editor Louis Botto reported live from the press room of the 52nd Annual Tony Awards. We have archived these celebrity interviews and as they are edited throughout the day we will be posting them here. Please hit your "reload" button if you are returning to this page throughout the day to make sure that you have the most complete list of interviews.
To listen to these archived interview clips you will need to install the RealPlayer (see "Download Instructions" below. Once your have the RealPlayer installed you simply need to click on a link below.
- Presenter: Tommy Tune discusses his upcoming show Easter Parade.
- Tony Winner (Best Choreography - The Lion King): Garth Fagan discusses his working relationship with Lebo M.
- Tony Winners (Best Score of a Musical - Ragtime): Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty discuss the creation of Ragtime and their upcoming mystery project.
- Presenter: Mark Linn-Baker discusses the new musical, Once Around The City which he will be directing.
- Tony Winner (Best Book of a Musical - Ragtime): Terrence McNally discusses his controversial work Corpus Christi and the response of the theatre community.
- Tony Winner's Donald Holder and Richard Hudson (Best Lighting Design and Best Scenic Design - The Lion King): discuss the challenges of lighting and designing the set for The Lion King.
- Presenter: Swoosie Kurtz discusses her upcoming film projects.
- Presenter: Sandy Duncan discusses her upcoming new musical Easter Parade.
- Tony Winner Denver Center Theatre (Regional Theatre Award): represented by Donovan Marley, Artistic Director and Donald R. Seawell, Chairman of the Board discuss their long success with The Denver Center Theatre.
- Tony Winner Ron Rifkin (Featured Actor in a Musical - Cabaret): discusses working in the "environmentally" designed and directed revival of Cabaret.
- Presenter: Bebe Neuwirth discusses working in a long running musical and keeping it fresh.
- Presenter: Gregory Hines discusses his love of dance and his work with Savion Glover and his father as well as his upcoming project for Showtime.
- Tony Winner Anthony LaPaglia (Best Actor in a Play - A View From the Bridge): discusses the letter he received from Arthur Miller and his current run in A View From the Bridge.
- Presenter: Angela Lansbury discusses her long and distinguished career and her thoughts on this years season.
- President, American Theatre Winger: Isabelle Stevenson discusses the 1997-98 theatre season.
To listen to these archived interview clips you will need to install the RealPlayer. This software is available free of charge and can be gotten by clicking on the logo below. Note: There are 2 download options on this page, the first one at the very top of the page will allow you to download the free version of the software and the second option allows you to download the RealPlayer Plus version. This version, while more feature rich, is NOT required to listen to Playbill On-Line's live Tony coverage. The free version will provide you with everything you need to listen to our coverage. Enjoy!