Playbill On-Line is now posting news stories and features seven days a week. Make sure to log on daily to find out the latest -- even on Saturday and Sunday.
In the weeks following the Tony Awards, Playbill On-Line also has activated new features that have been months in the planning. We urge you to check all of them out. Nearly all resulted from suggestions by users of this service:
* A directory (and links) to more than 650 selected theatre websites.
* A database of college and university theatre programs, application deadlines and other information. The site now has 50 colleges, and the database will grow as we receive updated program information from some 2000 colleges we have contacted. * Thanks to our alliance with the Theatre Development Fund (TDF), we now offer discounts and inside information on dozens of plays, musicals and concerts.
* Members-only discounts on tickets for New York and Los Angeles theatres in the Playbill On-Line Club.
* Improved and streamlined purchasing of Broadway tickets through Tele-charge.
* A table of box office grosses from all Broadway shows, with information on how many tickets were sold, what percentage of tickets were sold, whether income is going up or down, etc.
* Canadian theatre news from correspondents Ray Ellicock and Ann Hodges of Theatre News in Toronto.
* Expanded West Coast and especially Los Angeles area theatre news from correspondent Blair Glaser.
* Tokyo theatre listings from correspondent Yuriko Aoki.
* Results and standings of the Broadway Show Softball League. Yes, we're the only theatre website with a Sports Section.
* A schedule of theatre folk on booked to appear on major TV talk shows.
Lots more is in the works!