While Michael ("Commish") Chiklis continues to defend the Caveman on Broadway, the show's creator, Rob Becker continues his U.S. tour with the show, now stretching into 1998.
March 26 will mark Defending The Caveman's second anniversary on Broadway. April 2, the show will present its 600th performance. (Though the show stopped playing at the Helen Hayes Theatre, Jan. 4, 1997, to switch its venue (to the Booth) and star (to Chiklis), it never officially closed.)
Becker's ruminations about the differences between men (hunters) and women (gatherers), have drawn a strong word-of-mouth audience, making it the longest-running comedy currently on Broadway.
Here are the upcoming tour dates:
* Denver: Auditorium Theater, March 4 - 29.
* Seattle, WA: Moore Theatre, April 8-13
* Columbus, OH: Palace Theater April 22-27.
* Cincinnati, OH: Arnoff Center, April 29-May 4
* Milwaukee, WI: Riverside Theatre, May 6-11
* Chicago, IL: Shubert, May 20-June 8
* Dallas, TX: Majestic Theatre, June 10-22
* Cleveland, OH: Ohio Theatre, June 24-29
* Salt Lake City, UT: Capitol Theatre, Sept. 9-14
* Minneapolis, MN: State Theatre, Sept. 16-28
* Philadelphia, PA: Merriam Theatre, Nov. 11-23
* Indianapolis, IN: Clowes Memorial Hall, Jan. 27-Feb. 1998
-- By Robert Viagas and Andrew Ku and David Lefkowitz