The daytime session from 10 AM to 5:30 PM will feature: 10:15 AM: Screening of the documentary "Broadway Dreams: The Legacy of the Group Theatre."
11:45 AM: Panel discussion about the Group Theatre with panelists Ellen Adler, Matthew Andrews, Steve Lawson, Estelle Parsons, Wendy Smith, and moderator Hal Cantor.
1:30 PM" "Clifford's Progeny" by Dr. Morris Dickstein. 2 PM: Panel discussion of "Odets and Politics" with panelists Jonathan Chambers, Christopher Herr, Victor Navasky, and moderator Hal Cantor.
3:30 PM: "Hollywood Years" by Gabriel Miller and Stuart Klawans; and "Odet's Unproduced Works" by Garrett Eisler, followed by post-presentation discussion moderated by Hal Cantor.
4:30 PM: "Odets and Jewish-American Drama" by Ellen Schiff, with Q&A moderator Hal Cantor.
The evening program from 6 PM to 8 PM will feature:
* Reading of excerpts from the award-winning play and current Tony-nominee for Best Revival Awake and Sing! with Stan Lachow, Charles Socarides and Lori Wilner.
* Excerpt from the 1986 film version of "Rocket to the Moon" directed by John Jacobs with screenplay by Clifford Odets, starring Judy Davis, John Malkovich and Eli Wallach.
* "I Can't Sleep"—excerpts from Steve Lawson's adaptation of Odet's 1940 journal, "The Time Is Ripe."
* "The Sum and Substance"—a rare screening of Odets' last filmed interview, circa 1963, with Dr. Herman Harvey.
* Ronald Rand's reading of "Will They Awake and Sing in 2006?" by Harold Clurman, first published in 1970.
The events are free.