The limited engagement recently announced that it paid back its $1.75 million Broadway investment in just over three weeks of performances. Producers also announced they plan to bring the production back to Broadway next season.
Conceived by Simon Painter, the show’s creative team also includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
Creative producer Painter said in a recent statement, “Everyone at The Illusionists is thrilled with our welcome in New York. Audiences from Australia to Dubai have loved our brand of magic and we are thrilled that Broadway audiences have embraced us as well.”
The limited engagement is billed as such: "This mind-blowing spectacular showcases the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth."
The seven stars, according to press notes, follow:
- The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin. Considered a rising superstar in the world of magic; Yu Ho-Jin was recently named the 2014 “Magician of the Year,” by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques, also known as the “Olympics of Magic.”
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry. Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso. Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Inventor, Kevin James, known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Warrior, Aaron Crow, a strong and silent type specializing in weapon magic, has mastered some of the most dangerous acts without saying a single word. Belgium’s international magic sensation, a first place finisher at the World Championships of Magic, he uses swords, paintball guns and powerful crossbows to keep fans on the edge of their seat.
- The Futurist, Adam Trent, shatters stereotypes and brings a new generation of magic to fans fusing technology illusions, dancing and comedy with classic techniques.
The Illusionists – Witness The Impossible is produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson, MagicSpace Entertainment, Road Show Entertainment LLC, and The Production Office.
Following Broadway, the production will play The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts beginning Jan. 6.
For complete touring information visit theillusionistslive.com.