Jim Steinman’s musical adaptation of Bat Out of Hell, the winner of the 2017 Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Musical, will play a limited engagement at the SHN Orpheum Theatre in San Francisco December 4–23.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public July 13 at 10 AM PT through shnsf.com and through SHN Audience Services at (888) 746-1799. The engagement is not part of the regular 2018-2019 SHN Season.
SHN will also open its doors for a special midnight performance December 7, for which all tickets will be $75.
Bat Out of Hell, featuring a book, music, and lyrics by Jim Steinman, played limited seasons at Manchester Opera House, London Coliseum, and Toronto’s Ed Mirvish Theatre, and opened at London's Dominion in April. Another engagement is slated to play Washington, D.C.'s National Theatre in May 2019.
In related news, the Original Cast Recording for the musial is now available in digital and streaming formats. A CD release is scheduled for later this month; visit GhostlightRecords.com.
The complete track listing follows:
1. Love And Death And The American Guitar
2. All Revved Up With No Place To Go / Wasted Youth
3. Who Needs The Young
4. It Just Won’t Quit
5. Out Of The Frying Pan And Into The Fire
6. Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere)
7. Two Out Of Three Ain’t Bad
8. Paradise By The Dashboard Light
9. Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
10. Bat Out Of Hell
11. In The Land Of The Pig The Butcher Is King
12. Heaven Can Wait
13. Objects In The Rearview Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are
14. For Crying Out Loud
15. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)
16. Not Allowed To Love
17. What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most
18. Dead Ringer For Love
19. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
20. It’s All Coming Back To Me Now
21. I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)
The musical is based on the cult 1977 Meat Loaf album of the same name (which Steinman helped write).
Directed by Jay Scheib, Bat Out of Hell features choreography by Emma Portner, musical arrangements and supervision by Michael Reed, set design by Jon Bausor, costume design by Meentje Nielsen and Jon Bausor, video design by Finn Ross, lighting design by Patrick Woodroffe, sound design by Gareth Owen, orchestration by Steve Sidwell, casting by Carrie Gardner and Jillian Cimini, C.S.A., and musical direction by Ryan Cantwell.
The musical is produced by David Sonenberg, Michael Cohl, Randy Lennox, and Tony Smith.