Stafford spotted smoke coming from the house, caused by faulty electricity, and ran into the house to warn the residents. At least one resident was unaware of what was going on. Ali Khan told the Evening Standard, "I had no idea the fire was going on until this guy came running in shouting, 'There's a fire, get out.' I heard the alarm but I thought someone had burned their breakfast."
Stafford, who had been through a fire as a teenager, said, "Once you've been in a fire you know the first priority is human life. I just knew I needed to get people out."
Chicago is currently playing at the Cambridge Theatre in the West End and at the Ambassador Theatre on Broadway.
— Thomas Peter