Titles now available are:
- Grammy Award-winning Arias and Barcarolles (2003), Leonard Bernstein's last work, world-premiered by NYFOS and sung by soprano Judy Kaye and baritone William Sharp. Also includes songs from On the Town, Wonderful Town, Songfest and Peter Pan. Features pianists Steven Blier and Michael Barrett.
- A Gershwin collection entitled He Loves and She Loves (1992), with Judy Kaye and William Sharp and Steven Blier.
- Zipperfly and Other Songs (1991) by Marc Blitzstein, with soprano Karen Holvik, William Sharp and Steven Blier.
- Robert Schumann, Kerner Lieder, Mignon Lieder, Duets, with the late Lorraine Hunt Lieberson
- An Unquiet Peace, The Lied Between the Wars, with soprano Cyndia Sieden, William Sharp and Steven Blier.
All titles are available in stores and may also be ordered directly at www.nyfos.org.
New York Festival of Song was founded in 1988 by Steven Blier and Michael Barrett. NYFOS is dedicated to creating intimate song concerts of great beauty, humor and originality, combining music, poetry, and history to entertain, educate and create community among audiences and performers. With a far-ranging repertoire of art songs, concert works and theater pieces, its thematic recitals have included programs from Brahms to the Beatles, from the nineteenth-century salons of Paris to Tin Pan Alley, from Russian art song to Argentine tangos, from sixteenth-century lute songs to new music. NYFOS particularly celebrates American song literature and culture, and specializes in premiering and commissioning new American works.
NYFOS will next present The Welcome Shore at Merkin Concert Hall on May 19 and 21. The "hymn to rivers and oceans" features soprano Michelle Areyzaga, mezzo-soprano Sasha Cooke, baritone Philip Cutlip, Steven Blier and Michael Barrett.