The concert, called A New Leading Man, also celebrates Forbach's new independently released solo album of the same title. The disc will be available to the public on the concert date, Jan. 24. Pre-orders will be accepted starting Jan. 1.
The concert, led by musical director William Waldrop, assistant conductor of Phantom, will also feature fellow castmates with choreography provided by Courtney Combs.
A Vegas Phantom ensemble member, Kansas native Forbach understudies Raoul and Reyer.
The concert of A New Leading Man will be performed 2 PM Jan. 24, 2009, at the Flamingo Library Theater, 1401 E. Flamingo Road in Las Vegas, NV. Admission is $20 per person with 50 percent of each ticket going directly to Family Promise of Las Vegas, whose goal is to help homeless families get off the street and back into homes.
Concertgoers will also receive a free copy of Forbach's debut CD, and promotional ticket offers to Phantom.
Additional pledges to Family Promise can be made at the theatre or online.
For more information or to purchase the CD "A New Leading Man," visit jasonforbach.com or other online music retailers.
The track listing for "A New Leading Man" follows: 1. "I Can't Walk On" by Jenny Giering
2. "Touch Me" by Duncan Sheik/Steven Sater, from Spring Awakening
3. "I Cannot Hear the City" by Marvin Hamlisch and Craig Carnelia, from The Sweet Smell of Success
4. "Perfect, Finite" by Chris Mills and Mark Campbell, from Songs From An Unmade Bed
5. "Variations On a Theme of You" by David Sisco from Here I Am
6. "Mister Choi & Madame G" by William Finn, from Elegies
7. "Grow Old With Me" by Jason Robert Brown
8. "Unexpressed" by John Bucchino, from It's Only Life
9. "What I Wouldn't Do For You" by Ryan Scott Oliver, from Alive At Ten
10. "Part of a Painting" by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, from Edges
11. "Louder Than Words" by Jonathan Larson, from tick...tick...BOOM!
12. BONUS TRACK: A remix of "Touch Me" from Spring Awakening.
A few tracks are available to listen to now on www.jasonforbach.com.
All instrumentation was performed by Joey Singer, the musical director and long-time Vegas jazz musician.
Forbach told Playbill.com, "The concert will be mostly songs from the album and possibly other songs in the same theme of the album that I wasn't able to record. The exact song list has yet to be ironed out."
For concert tickets or more information, go to www.FamilyPromiseLVTickets.com or contact Bruce Ewing at (702) 245-0992.
Originally from Overland Park, KS, Forbach attended the University of Missouri-Columbia, his family's alma mater, on a music scholarship where he majored in vocal performance. He performed with both the opera and musical theatre departments. He was the first vocalist in the school's history to be named the Chancellor's Emerging Artist Winner in 2000. He decided to continue his musical training and was accepted at the New England Conservatory in Boston, where he was named the Frelinghuysen Grant Recipient and completed his masters degree, with honors, in vocal performance.
Forbach appeared in opera and musical theatre and was featured in Wallace and Allen Shawn's play/opera The Music Teacher Off-Broadway (also cast recording), and in The New York Festival of Song's tribute to Hal Prince at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall.