Plymouth Theatre

01_PLY_OPEN_2400.jpg

The Plymouth Theatre opened in 1917. Designed by Herbert J. Krapp, the Plymouth joined the Booth, Broadhurst and Shubert Theatres to solidify the Shubert family dominance on a full block of W. 44th and 45th Streets. In 2005, the theatre was renamed for Gerald Schoenfeld, the chairman of the Shubert Organization.

  • Built: 1917
  • Number of Seats: 1093

Owner History

Jan 1, 1973 - The Shubert Organization Theatre Owner/Operator
Jun 8, 1946 - Jan 1, 1973 Select Operating Corporation Theatre Owner/Operator
Apr 7, 1933 - Jun 8, 1946 Select Operating Corporation Theatre Owner
Jan 1, 1924 - Apr 7, 1933 Shubert Theatre Corporation Theatre Owner
Oct 10, 1917 - Jun 8, 1946 Arthur Hopkins Theatre Operator
Oct 10, 1917 - Jan 1, 1924 Messrs. Shubert (Lee and J. J.) Theatre Owner