Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine's Pulitzer Prize-winning musical, Sunday in the Park With George will be revived in Washington D.C. as part of Arena Stage's 1996-97 season, which features major works by prominent writers of the past and present.
A co-production with Signature Theatre, Sunday in the Park will be staged by Signature artistic director Eric. D. Schaeffer April 11 to June 15, 1997. No cast has been announced yet.
Also on the season schedule in Arena's three performing spaces:
* Blues for an Alabama Sky by Pearl Cleage, Sept. 6-Nov. 3, 1996
* The Miser by Moliere, Oct. 4-Nov. 10, 1996
* it ain't nothin but the blues: The Roots of Rock and Roll, by various authors, Nov. 15, 1996-Jan. 19, 1997
* Arcadia by Tom Stoppard, Dec. 13, 1996-Jan. 19, 1997
* Molly Sweeney by Brian Friel, Feb. 7-March 23, 1997
* Voir Dire by Joe Sutton, March 7-April 13, 1997
* Anna Christie by Eugene O'Neill, May 9-June 15, 1997.
Subscriptions cost $59 to $309. For information: (202) 488-3300.