Sherri Parker Lee, Peggy Lipton and Sonia Manzano will be the next trio of actresses to star in the Off Broadway hit, The Vagina Monologues. They will begin their run on July 9 and stay until Aug. 18.
Lee is best known to New York theatregoers as the sole female lead in the Tennessee Williams' prison drama Not About Nightingales. Lipton made her name as a cool, youthful crime-buster in the '60s series "The Mod Squad." A couple decades later, she scored again with David Lynch's cryptic TV program "Twin Peaks." Finally, with The Vagina Monologues, Monzano will get to talk about some things she doesn't get to while working her regular acting gig—as Maria on "Sesame Street," a part she's played for 30 years.
A complete list of actresses who have appeared in the New York production follows:
- Feb. 8-20, 2000: Julie Kavner, Swoosie Kurtz and Audra McDonald
- Feb. 22-March 5: Mary Alice, Amy Irving and Rosie Perez
- March 7-19: Rita Moreno, Cynthia Nixon and Marlo Thomas
- March 21-April 2: Shirley Knight, Andrea Martin and Alanis Morissette
- April 4-16: Viola Davis, Gina Gershon and Annie Potts
- April 18-30: Claire Danes, Jenifer Lewis and Mary McDonnell
- May 2-14: Mo Gaffney, Marsha Mason and Lynn Whitfield
- May 16-28: Diahann Carroll, Judith Ivey and Marisa Tomei
- May 30-June 11: Joy Behar, Hazelle Goodman and Holland Taylor
- June 13-15: Linda Ellerbee, Calista Flockhart and Lisa Gay Hamilton
- June 27-July 9: Melissa Joan Hart, Carol Kane and Phylicia Rashad
- July 11-23: Teri Hatcher, Ricki Lake and Regina Taylor
- July 25-Aug. 6: Gloria Reuben, Julia Stiles and Mary Testa
- Aug. 8-20: Brett Butler, Kimberly Williams and Tonya Pinkins
- Aug. 22-Sept. 3: Teri Garr, Julianna Margulies and Sanaa Lathan
- Sept. 5-24: Brooke Shields, Mercedes Ruehl and Ana Gasteyer
- Sept. 26-Oct. 15: Kathleen Chalfant, Nell Carter and Annabella Sciorra
- Oct. 17-Nov. 5: Donna Hanover, Robin Givens, Susie Essman
- Nov. 7-Nov. 26: Erica Jong, Angelica Torn, Lauren Velez.
- Nov. 28-Dec. 17: Lolita Davidovich, Sarah Jones and Ann Magnuson
- Dec. 19-Jan. 7, 2001: Carolee Carmello, Roma Maffia and Rue McClanahan
- Jan 9-Feb. 18: Julie Halston, Lisa Leguillou and Lois Smith
- Feb. 20-April 1: Becky Ann Baker, Cynthia Garrett and Ruthie Henshall
- April 3-May 13: Kim Coles, Judy Gold and Patricia Kalember
- May 14-June 24: Katherine Helmond, Joie Lee and Hayley Mills
- June 26-Aug. 5: Lisa Kron, Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Walter
- Aug. 7-Sept. 16: Ali Larter, Sandra Oh and Loretta Swit
- Sept. 18-Oct. 28: Veanne Cox, Marla Gibbs and Lainie Kazan
- Oct. 30-Dec. 9: Polly Bergen, Michele Shay and Didi Conn
- Dec. 11-Jan. 20, 2002: Kate Clinton, LaChanze and Marcia Wallace
- Jan. 22-March 3: Lillias White, Barbara Barrie and Stefanie Powers
- March 5-April 14: Idina Menzel, Carol Jenkins and Joyce Van Patten
- April 16-May 16: Andrea McArdle, Karen Black and Janet Hubert
- May 28-July 7: Hope Clarke, Melissa Leo and Mackenzie Phillips
Joe Mantello, who staged Love! Valour! Compassion! on Broadway, is the director of the show. A percentage of ticket sales ($10 of each $55 ticket) for The Vagina Monologues goes to the V Day Initiative, in support of women's issues.
For information on the Westside engagement, call (212) 239 6200.
— By Robert Simonson